The day is almost over and you may be waiting on your answer still, but don’t give in to fear, doubt, and frustration. Go and pray some more! What you need God’s got it! Seek Him!
One day I was listening to the radio, and heard a great message by “Kingdom Builders Ministry”. I don’t know where the church is located or anything, but there were some great tips shared by the speaker. It caught my attention, so I pulled my car over to a safe spot to write most of them out before I forgot them. Am I the only one who does this at times? Hopefully not. I might be revealing my weird side right now. LOL.
Anyway, here are the tips I was able to remember and record on my phone’s note taking app in no particular order, and I hope it helps somebody else too. I love, love, love all types of organization tips and learning from others to make my life simpler as a busy wife, mother, and teacher. There is always something new we can learn from those around us no matter how old or how young they might be, how rich or poor, or how high or low (in the world’s estimation). Anyway, here’s a few tips for you to check out and implement as you choose.
(Please note, that I have taken the liberty to add to and reword as I deemed appropriate to make this list of 20 tips.)
- Don’t get distracted and realize too late that life has got away from you.
- Take the vacation. Stop talking about going on a cruise, going to Paris, etc. Just go do what you said you want to do before it’s too late. Go make memories with those you love!
- Don’t be too busy over working, watching tv, checking out Facebook and Instagram post, etc. that you miss the important while focusing on the mundane.
- Remember that man’s days are limited in the overall expanse of time.
- We all have a purpose and need to be busy doing all that God has called us to be.
- Don’t die without giving the best version of you and building the greatest legacy of what you have to give to those you will leave behind.
- Nobody knows how much time they will have left, so don’t waste your time! Don’t just dream, but do!
- Recharge your body so that you can do what God calls you to do physically and mentally.
- Listen so God can take you where He desires you to go, so that you don’t become anxious, frustrated, and too tired to do what He actually wants you to do.
- Schedule time to rest and relax. Take a day to rest regularly for a moment of clarity and solitude.
- Maximize your time, instead of wasting time on tv, games, social media, etc. Focus on bible study, prayer, planning, relationship building, etc.
- Don’t hesitate to take a break when needed even Jesus took a nap and separated from the crowd at times.
- Don’t feel guilty for taking ownership of your time when you have numerous responsibilities, goals, and priorities. Don’t allow anyone to guilt you in to fulfilling their personal desires at the expense of your own.
- Exercise. Make healthy eating choices.
- Don’t allow anyone to disrespect your time! Reclaim your time just like Maxine Waters. (Smile)
- Be intentional. Plan dedicated time blocks for what you need to accomplish and limit distractions.
- Say no to nonessentials. It’s okay to say no! Truly it is!
- List your goals out so you can plainly see where you are trying to go. Write that vision!
- List your priorities. Plan, add, and subtract from your schedule accordingly.
- Acknowledge the Lord in all your ways and He will direct your path.
No matter how far you’ve gone the Lord is still calling you to come back home!
Matthew 9:21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be made whole.
If I … Wow. Two little words, yet so powerful!!
If I… Words that expressed determination to press through and to press on no matter the obstacles that lie ahead!
If I… Words that required tremendous faith to reach out to the great physician!
If I… Words that required ignoring past disappointments and failures.
If I.. Words that drove out doubt and no options.
If I… Words that expressed hope and a personal choice.
If I… Words that gave focus in the midst of naysayers, doubters, and societies set rules.
If I… Words that went beyond what was seen with the natural eye and pushed forward into the supernatural, spiritual.
If I… Words that revealed understanding that true faith requires action!
Listen to this episode of my podcast, Stepping Stones 123, My song, “On A Mission”! https://anchor.fm/devonne/episodes/My-song–On-A-Mission-e1idbi
One of the saddest parts of the story of Samson in the bible was that he never found anyone with whom he could safely share ALL his heart!! Can your spouse trust their heart and life in your hands? Come join our faith based marriage group for daily inspiration and encouragement to help make your marriage the best ever!! See you on the other side!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/271283020066894/
Sharing an old Facebook post…
Whenever there is a renovation going on the building looks a wreck. Things are ripped out and torn down. Signs are posted saying “Please excuse the mess” to placate those easily frustrated or uncomfortable with the changes. Some people speculate what the new building will look like while others might wonder if it will be more functional/useful to the community. The process is usually long, drawn out, tiresome, and demanding on those involved, yet the finished product (if completed by capable hands) far exceeds most expectations. The torn up mess is quickly forgotten as the vision is finally realized. As a believer, you might sometimes go through this same process, and while onlookers might look, gossip, and criticize you for your apparent state of disarray do not worry, doubt, or fear. Just go through the process resting in the capable and caring hands of our Lord and Savior, Jesus. He will beautify the meek. He will do a great work in you and through you if you allow Him to do so. Trust Him. Don’t begrudge the process!!