One day I was listening to the radio, and heard a great message by “Kingdom Builders Ministry”. I don’t know where the church is located or anything, but there were some great tips shared by the speaker. It caught my attention, so I pulled my car over to a safe spot to write most of them out before I forgot them. Am I the only one who does this at times? Hopefully not. I might be revealing my weird side right now. LOL.
Anyway, here are the tips I was able to remember and record on my phone’s note taking app in no particular order, and I hope it helps somebody else too. I love, love, love all types of organization tips and learning from others to make my life simpler as a busy wife, mother, and teacher. There is always something new we can learn from those around us no matter how old or how young they might be, how rich or poor, or how high or low (in the world’s estimation). Anyway, here’s a few tips for you to check out and implement as you choose.
(Please note, that I have taken the liberty to add to and reword as I deemed appropriate to make this list of 20 tips.)
- Don’t get distracted and realize too late that life has got away from you.
- Take the vacation. Stop talking about going on a cruise, going to Paris, etc. Just go do what you said you want to do before it’s too late. Go make memories with those you love!
- Don’t be too busy over working, watching tv, checking out Facebook and Instagram post, etc. that you miss the important while focusing on the mundane.
- Remember that man’s days are limited in the overall expanse of time.
- We all have a purpose and need to be busy doing all that God has called us to be.
- Don’t die without giving the best version of you and building the greatest legacy of what you have to give to those you will leave behind.
- Nobody knows how much time they will have left, so don’t waste your time! Don’t just dream, but do!
- Recharge your body so that you can do what God calls you to do physically and mentally.
- Listen so God can take you where He desires you to go, so that you don’t become anxious, frustrated, and too tired to do what He actually wants you to do.
- Schedule time to rest and relax. Take a day to rest regularly for a moment of clarity and solitude.
- Maximize your time, instead of wasting time on tv, games, social media, etc. Focus on bible study, prayer, planning, relationship building, etc.
- Don’t hesitate to take a break when needed even Jesus took a nap and separated from the crowd at times.
- Don’t feel guilty for taking ownership of your time when you have numerous responsibilities, goals, and priorities. Don’t allow anyone to guilt you in to fulfilling their personal desires at the expense of your own.
- Exercise. Make healthy eating choices.
- Don’t allow anyone to disrespect your time! Reclaim your time just like Maxine Waters. (Smile)
- Be intentional. Plan dedicated time blocks for what you need to accomplish and limit distractions.
- Say no to nonessentials. It’s okay to say no! Truly it is!
- List your goals out so you can plainly see where you are trying to go. Write that vision!
- List your priorities. Plan, add, and subtract from your schedule accordingly.
- Acknowledge the Lord in all your ways and He will direct your path.
Our family has been blessed with strong women of God as role models!! None of us children have an excuse for not living right, because they taught us the way and were living examples before us too!! I remember like it was yesterday watching them pray, teach, and preach with such power and annointing. They didn’t play church or go to be entertained!! They were on a mission, and took their assignments seriously!!
I love hearing the stories of how my great grandmother was still witnessing in the nursing home until her death, and how my grandmother made sure the family knew what needed to be done so everything was in order before simply praying and speaking in tongues as she passed. She died the way she lived as a prayer warrior, so quiet but so fierce in the Lord!! My heart. My everything. Words could never explain.
Now we must say farewell to another sweet soul, but this morning as I rode to work these words were on my heart, “1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?”. Our hearts might break, but It’s not over!! We must continue to work while it is yet day, and keep pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling, When we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be!! When we all see Jesus we will sing and shout the victory!!
Sharing an old Facebook post today. Please share your thoughts in the comments!!
You may not be able to depend on people to stay with you through the storm to comfort and help you in your time of distress. You might even lose some things or suffer damages in the process, however be of good courage. You have prepared in advance for the storm that has come upon you through prayer, fasting, studying the word, and obedience. Now, sit back and relax, knowing God is there to keep you and comfort you with His strength, power, provision, and never ending love!
Deuteronomy 31:6 (KJV)
6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Deuteronomy 31:8 (KJV)
8 And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
23 But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy.
24 And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
25 And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
Listen to this episode of my podcast, Stepping Stones 123, Mission minded: Go and compel them to come!! https://anchor.fm/devonne/episodes/Mission-minded-Go-and-compel-them-to-come-e24fb1
Mission minded: Go and compel them to come!!